Despite the troubled routine, which today is a reality for everyone, parents need to be present in the children’sschool life . And one of the very important activities in this regard is to help the child do their homework and study.
It is up to the parents or guardians to give direction to the children, creating an environment conducive to that moment and stimulating the reading and the habit of the daily studies . With this school planning , parents are more active in their children’s lives and everyone wins.
This contribution is worth a lot so that the student does not get hung up on the school, has no learning difficulties, avoid the red notes in the bulletin and discover that learning can even be fun as long as there is a well-organized routine for this.
Here are some tips on how to help your child study
1. Always schedule leisure and distraction activities for the weekends;
2. Ensure that the child sleeps 8 to 10 hours daily. Sleep helps to absorb knowledge, keeps the arrangement current, and collaborates to organize logical reasoning;
3. Choose an organized, clean environment with adequate light, airy and comfortable chair so that studies are always held in the same place. Avoid noisy spaces. Leave all material to be used in an easily accessible place. Always put a fresh bottle of water by hand. The right environment helps in concentration, avoiding dispersion;
4. Be aware of the child’s posture at the place of study. The student should keep the spine erect, forming a 90 ° angle to the thighs. The feet should be fully supported on the floor or in a support, avoiding pains. Ideally, he should write, draw, and read seated. When lying down, the risks of wrong positions are much greater. Bed and sofa are not places to study, because they give sleep and compromise the spine.
5. Develop a daily activity schedule that includes studies of new content, homework, review of subjects already learned, reading and research. This organization is important for the student to focus on what they are doing. According to neurologists, it is only when the student is connected in what he is doing that his brain adequately captures external stimuli, allowing for memorization;
6. Set an appropriate time for the study to be done. This has no rule. It will depend on each child, their ease in picking up the content, amount of homework, etc … They can be, for example, two periods of 2 hours throughout the day, with an interval for a snack. Much more than this can lead to mental fatigue and discouragement;
7. At the time of setting up the study plan, link the preferred subjects with those not so dear. Avoid math and physics studies, for example, one after the other, because both require calculations and this can tire the child;
8. Encourage the disposition to the tasks, motivate the child for this activity, showing how much is important for the formation of it;
9. Teach your child to read the entire lesson or study material first, then return calmly to each point. If it is a series of exercises, explain that the best way is to start with the easiest questions;
10. For the child to acquire the reading habit, which is fundamental to the learning process, offer books that are not directly related to the themes of the homework or to the subjects seen in classrooms. It can be music, football, cooking, dancing, cinema, in short, light themes that the student has an interest in. Thus, he will see how much reading is pleasurable and will study with the same disposition;
11. Combine rules for using your computer, tablet, and mobile phone. They are powerful tools to facilitate study. However, games and social networks disperse and do not bring productivity;
12. And, finally, do not forget to acknowledge the child’s effort to comply with the established curriculum. Okay, it’s a must. But to receive a compliment and even a compensation – how to get him to see that film in the movies, which he is crazy to see – is a gesture of affection that encourages perseverance.
These tips are not hard to follow and will greatly help your children create a study routine. Do not fall into the trap of leaving for tomorrow the studies, the organization of the routine and the necessary discipline for parents and children to fulfill the school planning.
The premise that there is still plenty of time for the child to learn by studying is false. School assignments can not be postponed because, when accumulated, it is virtually impossible to do them.
And we know that every child deserves the best, but are you ready to give yours? Download our free KIT now: Everything you need to know to become the best parents in the world! (Part 1)
Is that you? Do you have any questions about how to establish a healthy study routine for your child? Tell us about yourself!